Re: st: RE: xthataylor and time-invariant regressors

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: xthataylor and time-invariant regressors
Date   Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:29:20 +0100

Thank you very much for your answer! (I had found the topic but not the answer to this issue)
best regards
Christopher

This is an issue that has been discussed on this list before. I don't
think that there is a valid econometric reason for requiring that the
user specifies time-invariant endogenous regressors.

An unsupported (and only superficially tested) work-around is to comment
out the following code in xthtaylor.ado:

	if "`zvar2'" == "" {
		di as err "There are no time-invariant endogeneous " /*
			*/ "variables in the model."
		local ok = 0
	}

Jean Salvati