RE: st: Stata Journal 6(1)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata Journal 6(1)
Date   Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:13:09 -0000

One of the pleasures of Statalist is that many members
are very careful with words.

The "serious" was meant to be a frank recognition that
people who use Stata only occasionally  might not want
to buy the SJ.

Otherwise, the statement is an equality and can be read
from left to right and from right to left. A serious Stata
user is one who finds much of interest in the Stata
Journal.

Why the "Dr Cox"? I have waved opinions, solutions, explanations, and
weird humour at the list, but never the sordid fact of a Ph.D. degree.

David Airey