st: Show significant interactions between different survey questions(Newbie Question)

From   Paul Hurley <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Show significant interactions between different survey questions(Newbie Question)
Date   Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:41:02 +0000

Hello

I'm close to finishing a masters thesis in Software Engineering, and for that one part of my research ahs involved a postal survey on opinions on software engineering. My tutor now wants me to do statistical analysis, so I've got a copy of stata and am relearning stats I tried to forget ten years ago. (and everything gets worse, I have a tiny sample or a quite large population, and my survey that looke dgreat before is looking terrible)

One part of the survey was a series of questions with likert scale responses (strongly agree, agree, neither, disagree, strongly disagree). There were twelve questions. I want to produce a table with twelve rows and twelve columns, and the significance of the interaction of two questions in each cell (I think this would be the p value).

Can this be done, and can it be done in Stata ??

Paul.

Paul Hurley http://www.paulhurley.co.uk/

The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
--Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/