st: RE: random sample by hhid

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: random sample by hhid
Date   Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:57:34 -0600

One way, would be to keep one observation from each household, randomly
sample from the remaining observations, and then merge back to the original
dataset.

For example:

sort hhid
preserve