st: Various updates on SSC: text editors FAQ, -tabplot-, -tableplot-

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Various updates on SSC: text editors FAQ, -tabplot-, -tableplot-
Date   Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:42:17 -0000

Thanks to Kit Baum, various packages have been
updated on SSC.

Text editors and Stata FAQ
==========================

There is a FAQ on text editors and Stata at
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html

This FAQ represents the joint work of some 34 Stata users.
New since the last mention on Statalist is a section on
Notepad++.

The number of external text editors that the authors
know to permit some form of Stata syntax highlighting
is now 18!

Thanks to the other 33 people, without which this FAQ
would be a set of prejudices and advice to use my own
favourite text editor.

-tabplot-, -tableplot-

These programs fell over if presented with something like

... , by(myvar, title("title in quotes, because of commas"))

so I went in down deep armed with lots of compound double
quotes. Some other small tweaks have been made. To find
out more,

. ssc desc tabplot
. ssc type tabplot.hlp

and so forth. Stata 8 is required.