st: xtabond2-mata

From   "Marina Spaliara" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtabond2-mata
Date   Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:56:57 +0000

Hi everyone,

 I am using the xtabond2 (2.1.2, 8Jan2006)  to estimate my model. To exploit the speed improvements of the new xtabond2 I set matsize 2000 and set matafavor speed. Moreover, to minimize the size of my data I keep only the variables that I need. However, after 20' of waiting I had to click on break and try to estimate the model favoring space over speed. Again I had to wait for a long time without getting any output. My last choice was to estimate the model using the nomata option. Surprisingly, I got my results within 2'. When I tried to regress the model using another computer I got the following reading:

xtabond2_mata(): 3900 unable to allocate real <tmp>[45984,843]
<istmt>: - function returned error. Another statalister had the same problem in the past.

Is there any solution to this issue? Is it better to stick with the nomata option?

Marina