Re: st: Poisson and post estimation analysis

Subject   Re: st: Poisson and post estimation analysis
Date   Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:17:31 -0500

At 04:06 PM 2/18/2006, you wrote:
A couple of years ago I ran some poisson regressions on publication and citation data and found some post-estimation commands that enabled me define comparisons between groups. For example, based on the use of certain procedures available under Stata, I was able to observe that being a graduate of the two particular types of graduate programs, compared to a third type, increased the expected number of published articles by 132 percent and 110 percent respectively, and the expected numbers of citations by 114 percent and 96.5 percent respectively. Unfortunately, although I can recall the procedures were available under Stata, perhaps as a .do file, I cannot recall names, etc. Anyone know the procedures I am talking about? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Perhaps you want Long & Freese's -spost- routines? Do -findit spost-. If you are using Stata 9 you want the spost9 files. The latest edition of their very good book can be found at

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/regmodcdvs.html

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227