RE: st: Display command in Results Window in Subprogram

From   "Goerner, Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Display command in Results Window in Subprogram
Date   Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:43:44 -0500

Thank you, Richard.

[Indeed the message above was not intended for Bryan but for the list.
(He was not able to help.)]

I believe that -set tracedepth  #- will help expanding the Results to
the necessary depth when running programs!

Sometimes utilizing -program define- seems too much like a black-box:
Simply out of curiosity, could one variably set the tracedepth at the
beginning of each -program define- according to the actual depth that
the routine represents in the hierarchy of programs? Ie. if I am running
a sub-program, two levels below the .do file level (a program within a
program), would Stata know to set the tracedepth as 2+2? Since I
oftentimes add sub-routines to a program I would want to program it
modularly if at all possible.

The second solution, which I had used previously, is indeed helpful when
debugging, but a little tedious. I also tend to use -assert- and
-confirm- in programs.

Thank you and best regards,
Thomas