Re: st: Re: slow

Subject   Re: st: Re: slow
Date   Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:28:53 -0500

I think you are stuck with my original option 3 -- get a faster computer. I'm not that familiar with xtabond2, but it's probably a good guess given what little I do know that they require a lot of calculations. One other possibility- if you are allocating more memory than is physically available you could speed things up quite a bit by adding RAM. If the hard drive is being used a lot during the do file, then that may be the problem.

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: st: Re: slow

I`ll try the second
i`ve run the same code for other panel (small) and it works excellent
the small panel have 23 countries and 8 periods for each one
the large panel have 23 countries and 41 years for each one

the do file has many regresions some are:

xtabond2 lncp lnrgdpli lncrecpop lnts lnkh, twostep small gmm(lnrgdpl,
lag(2 5)) iv(lnts lncrecpop lnkh) noleveleq

xtabond2 lncp lnrgdpli lncrecpop lnts lnkh, twostep small gmm(lnrgdpl,
lag(2 5)) iv(lnts lncrecpop lnkh)

Thanks a lot
Ines

I see three alternatives:

1) Rely on the psychic abilities of people reading your message to tell
you  how to improve your do file's speed

2) Show us the actual code in your do file that seems to be running slow
to  give the non-psychic readers a better chance

3) Get a faster computer

It's your choice

Michael Blasnik