st: xtabond question.

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: xtabond question.
Date   Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:56:15 +0100

	A question on xtabond usage. I haave a panel of observation that I
try to set with tsset, as below

	> tsset index year, yearly
	>       panel variable:  index, 1 to 323
	>        time variable:  year, 1995 to 2003

	Now, if I try to proceed to xtabond I get the error message

	> timevar (year) may not contain missing values when option full is
specified

	So, I try a tsfill, or fillin, and I always get the following error
message

	>no room to add more observations
	>    An attempt was made to increase the number of observations
beyond what is currently possible.  You
	>    have the following alternatives:
	>
	>     1.  Store your variables more efficiently; see help compress.
(Think of Stata's data area as the
	>         area of a rectangle; Stata can trade off width and
length.)

	>     2.  Drop some variables or observations; see help drop.
	>
	>     3.  Increase the amount of memory allocated to the data area
using the set memory command; see
	>         help memory.
	>r(901);
	>
	>end of do-file

	No matter what I do (increase the mem to 100m, compross, drop
variables as to leave my dataset at only 100k and with only 10 data series,
or all of this together, nothing works, the same error message as above
appears. Any suggestions?

	Best,

	Lucio.

	Lucio Vinhas de Souza, Ph.D.
	European Commission
	Unit ECFIN.D.3
	Avenue de Beaulieu, 1
	Office -1/182
	B-1160, Brussels
	Belgium
	Tel. 00 (32) (2) 298-0267
	Fax. 00 (32) (2) 295-2791
	email: [email protected]
	Private Website (this is a non-Commission link):
http://www.tinbergen.nl/~phare/Partners/Souza.html

	The information in this message and/or any attachments is intended
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee. The content of this
e-mail and its attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged.
Any use or disclosure is unauthorised and may be unlawful.

	If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message and
any attachments and notify the sender of misdelivery. As e-mails are
susceptible to alteration, they do not constitute a formal commitment of the
European Commission unless confirmed in writing.