Re: st: prchange

From   Rose Medeiros <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: prchange
Date   Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:18:36 -0500

Andre,
-prchange- can give you some other ranges, specifically. 0 -> 1, from - 0.5 to +0.5 standard deviations, and -0.5 to +0.5 of some specified value. For more idiosyncratic changes, e.g. ages 20 to 40, using -prchange- (also part of spost) , and a little arithmetic, you can calculate the change in the predicted probability as the independent variables changes from a -> b.
Best,
Rose

Andr� Paul wrote:

Dear all,

In the "spost" pakage by Long & Freese, the command "prchange" enables us to measure the effect of discrete changes of the explanatory variables.

I have a question regarding this command:
Suppose I want to estimate a multinomial logit model, with "age" as a dependant variable, which ranges from 20 to 60. The "prchange" command will give me the effect on the categorial variable when "age" varies from 20 to 60 (If I got that right!).
Is there a way to obtain this effect for different variations of the variable? i.e if age varies from 20 to 40 and then from 40 to 60? I didn't find the answer in the help file...

Thanks,
Andr�

MSN Messenger : appels gratuits de PC � PC partout dans le monde ! http://www.imagine-msn.com/Messenger/?locale=fr-fr

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

--
Rose Anne Medeiros
Department of Sociology / Family Research Laboratory