st: Suggestion for the next version of -sjlatex-

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Suggestion for the next version of -sjlatex-
Date   Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:50:12 -0000

Hello All

A suggestion for a minor improvement (as I see it) for the next version
of the -sjlatex- package. In the file -main.tex-, distributed with
-sjlatex-, there should ideally be 2 lines reading

% EDITORS:   Change volume number, issue number, month, and year
\sjsetissue{$vv$}{$i$}{Whatever month}{$yyyy$}

(or something similar) just before the line reading

\begin{document}

This would have the effect of causing Stata Journal pre-publication
drafts to be Volume vv, Number i, with publication date "Whatever month,
yyyy". This would make everybody's pre-publication drafts a bit less
confusing, because they currently claim to be Volume 1, Number 1, with
publication date 2001, which of course they are not, and never will be.

I would like to thank Garry Anderson of the University of Melbourne,
Australia, for mentioning to me this issue of confusion arising from
Stata Journal pre-publication drafts.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
POSTAL ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
St Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
STREET ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
47 Praed Street
Paddington
London W1 1NR
TELEPHONE: (+44) 020 7594 0939