Re: st: Hierarchical Regression

Subject   Re: st: Hierarchical Regression
Date   Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:07:26 -0500

At 05:53 PM 2/14/2006, Kyle Girten wrote:
I was curious if the "Hireg" command was truly for a hierarchical
regression model, where strength is borrowed from the 1st model within
the second model.  I was under the impression from doing web searches
on Hireg that this command simply yields two distinct regression
models, and the only utility is for convenient comparison of
f-statistics.

Am I off on this?  Anyone know of a work-around?
I believe that is a pretty accurate description of -hireg-, and also of the new Stata 9 prefix command that was inspired by it, -nestreg-. I am not clear on what it is you want instead so I'm afraid I can't add to that. (Are you maybe talking about hierarchical linear modeling, where, say, you have students nested within classrooms nested within school districts, or something like that?)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]