st: Kernel regressions

From   A Briggs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Kernel regressions
Date   Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:29:38 +0000

Hi stata-listers,

I want to run a kernel regression of y on x with the ultimate aim to plot the smoothed y on x. Searching for user-written programs I have found kernreg, kernreg1 and kernreg2 which are exactly the commands I want.

However, it appears that these commands are fairly old and graph the smoothed y on x using pre-stata 8 graph styles. I can easily get around this by storing the smoothed variable and the grid-points and then plotting those variables in stata 8 but I was wondering if this program has been updated recently so I can run what I want in one line and not have to generate new variables?

Many Thanks,
Adam

Adam Briggs
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
University of Bristol

+44 (0)117 928 9061
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/