Re: st: Re: A new package.

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: A new package.
Date   Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:00:53 +0800

This is very much in the vein of the UNIX command 'fortune'  which is
often used to provide little welcome messages to when people log into
a system (one reference being http://www.redellipse.net/code/fortune).

I therefore thought it would be nice to have a comment displayed on
starting, and I thought that adding the following to the end of my
~/bin/profile.do would do just that...

----------------start profile.do--------------------
quietly{
adopath ++ "~/ado/updates"
adopath +  "~/ado/new"
}
njc

-----------------end profile.do--------------------

...but to no avail.

Any suggestions as to why this?

Setting -set trace on- on the line after the closing '}' and before
-njc- shows that the call is made and the file parsed, but I can't the
message shown.

-man profileu- indicates that it is run and sourced exactly as a
normal do-file, the only difference being that it is automatically
sourced upon starting Stata, so why are the results ommited?

. about

Stata/SE 9.1 for Unix
Born 20 Jan 2006
Copyright (C) 1985-2006