Re: st: fdause

Subject   Re: st: fdause
Date   Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:49:06 -0500

It might be that the SAS file is meant to be used with SAS 8, not SAS
9, though I suspect that's not the problem--perhaps there is simply
one line with an error in it.  My approach would be to look at one
file, and see if you can build a Stata do-file from it that will label
all your variable and make value labels.  It's possible that the file
is organized in such a way that a few -file- commands inside a loop
would read in the .sas file and write out a Stata do-file that does
what you need...  but I am SAS-averse, and tend to do everything
within Stata.  Perhaps someone else on the list is less prejudiced,
and will provide a more efficient answer.