Re: st: GMM diff vs sys

From   "Vasilis.Sarafidis" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GMM diff vs sys
Date   08 Feb 2006 21:36:21 +0000

Hi,

There is a recent paper by Bun and Kiviet "The Effects of Dynamic Feedbacks on LS and MM Estimator Accuracy in Panel Data Models", forthcoming in Journal of Econometrics. This one explains that there are cases where the difference GMM can do better than the system GMM.

However, with only 20 countries it is very unlikely to get sensible results regardless of the GMM estimator you use. This is because the virtue of using GMM is in large samples. You may be better off by using the xtlsdvc command which refers to Kiviets bias corrected estimator.

Best

Vasilis