RE: st: PDL and cnsreg

From   "Alexander Severinsen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: PDL and cnsreg
Date   Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:48:18 +0100

Dear Scott,

That works wonderful. Thanks for the help!

Best wishes,
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: 8. februar 2006 14:08
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: PDL and cnsreg

How about regressing each independent variable with its matrix of
constraints separately and then gathering all the constraints together
to estimate the full model.

sysuse auto,clear
const drop _all
gen time = _n
tsset time
pdlconstraints 12 4 A
pdlconstraints 6 2 B

qui cnsreg price l(0/12).mpg, con(A)
matrix dispCns, r
forv i = 1/8 {
	constraint define `i' `=r(cns`i')'
}

qui cnsreg price l(0/6).weight, con(B)
matrix dispCns, r
forv i = 9/12 {
	local j = `i' - 8
	constraint define `i' `=r(cns`j')'
}

const dir
cnsreg price l(0/12).mpg l(0/6).weight, const(1-12)

Hope this helps,
Scott