RE: st: A Delicious Experiment

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: A Delicious Experiment
Date   Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:36:45 -0800

Dear Maarten

  Thanks for your idea... Indeed I think this is a very interesting idea. Currently there are these two experimental sites

http://del.icio.us/atsstat  - Maintained by ATS (only), links on ATS web site only.

http://del.icio.us/statcomp - Maintained by ATS (only), external links.

  What you describe sounds like a third site

http://del.icio.us/ZZZ/ - (where ZZZ is a placeholder for the userid). The password is made completely public and anyone could post to it (kind of like wikipedia).

  For example,

http://del.icio.us/statalist/ - bookmarks that are of interest to the Statalist community.

  So I guess the issues are...

  1) Is this interesting???
  2) Would people post to this???
  3) What is the appropriate userid???
  4) How would this be actively publicized???
  5) Who would maintain this???
  6) ???

Any thoughts?

Michael Mitchell