st: RE: kdensity with user defined kernel functions

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: kdensity with user defined kernel functions
Date   Fri, 3 Feb 2006 19:41:54 -0000

At worst, I think you need to write everything
yourself.

For speed (and possibly other reasons) the
hard work in -kdensity- is handed to part of
the executable and I can't see any hooks for
using your own kernel. So cloning -kdensity-
would get only part of the way there.

Alternatively, Ben Jann's -kdens- package
seems more transparent.

D'Exelle Ben
 �