st: RE: Re: Binary endogenous variable in a panel data set

Subject   st: RE: Re: Binary endogenous variable in a panel data set
Date   Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:10:22 -0000

Jo,

This isn't the case.  It's the same as generic IV - you don't need to
make this assumption for the standard properties of IV to carry through.
If you are looking for increased efficiency, though, you could consider
a variation on a procedure recommended by Wooldridge in his 2002 book,
which is similar to what you propose below except that you use the
generated variable as an _instrument_ for the endogenous regressor.
That way, you don't have to bootstrap.

HTH.

--Mark