Re: st: RE: tmap label coordinates

Subject   Re: st: RE: tmap label coordinates
Date   Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:40:01 -0500

Well, centroid of a polygon on a plane, anyway.  A polygon on a
Mercator projection would not be quite so easy to calculate a centroid
for if you wanted the centroid of the spherical analog (google
vincenty or haversine for more details).  But I guess if all you want
it for is for specifying a label location, you don't care about a
little inaccuracy that varies with latitude, right?