Re: st: Question on -Areg- command

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Question on -Areg- command
Date   Thu, 02 Feb 2006 06:23:59 -0600

-areg- was updated 17jun2005

"1.  areg failed when attempting to fit a constant-only model.  This
has been fixed."

Is your Stata up to date? Try -update query-

-areg- without any RHS variables works fine for me:

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)

. areg mpg ,ab(rep)

Linear regression, absorbing indicators                Number of obs
=      69
                                                       F( 0, 64)
=       .
                                                       Prob > F      =
                                                       R-squared
=  0.2348
                                                       Adj R-squared
=  0.1869
                                                       Root MSE
=  5.2897

-------
         mpg |      Coef.   Std. Err.      t    P>|t|     [95% Conf.
Interval]
-------
       _cons |   21.28986   .6368064    33.43   0.000     20.01769
22.56202
-------
       rep78 |          F(4, 64) =      4.909   0.002           (5
categories)

Scott