st: how to generate Stata dct file

From   Joao Pedro Azevedo <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: how to generate Stata dct file
Date   Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:28:40 -0200

Hello,

I'm trying to export my dataset using the outfile command.

outfile using filename.txt, wide  noquote nolabel  replace

However, don't seem to find a way to generate a dictionary (in a separate
file) to follow this dataset. In particular I would like to be able to
generate a dictionary in the format below:

  infix dictionary using highway.raw {
                 rate  1-4
                 speed 6-7
                 acc 9-11
         }

This format of dictionary can be used with the infix command.

I've looked at the existing commands such as outsheet, outfix and outfix2,
and none of them seem to be able to do the trick.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

JP