st: Re: Normalization in Stata

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Normalization in Stata
Date   Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:07:55 -0800 (PST)

It should not be necessary to -reshape- the data because DHS data can
be downloaded in flat format, as Macro calls it, in which every
household member is one observation. For the benefit of other list
members let me mention that DHS means Demographic and Health Survey
(measuredhs.com).

By the way, I am sure that more than 203 households are listed in the
data. Not only would that be a very small sample for a DHS survey, I
also have not heard of a community where the average household has
184 members. In DHS data, the household ID (variable hv002) is
cluster specific (variable hv001), so that the actual household ID
for the entire sample is usually a combination of hv001 and hv002.

Friedrich Huebler