st: calculating prevalence with prvalue after logistic regression

From   "Raoul Reulen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: calculating prevalence with prvalue after logistic regression
Date   Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:01:37 +0100

Hi,

I have a query about the command prvalue if used after using a logistic regression model.
I would like to know the prevalence of lung cancer among smokers and among non-smokers
,but adjusted for age and sex. The data is from a population based design.

If my logistic model looks like this:

.xi: logistic cancer smokerstatus i.age sex (cancer=0/1; smokerstatus=0/1, age=1,2,3,4, sex=0/1)

and I would use

.prvalue, x(smokerstatus=1)
.prvalue, x(skomerstatus=0)

Would this give me the prevalence (adjusted for age and sex) of cancer in smokers and in non-smokers? Or should I still calculate the prevalence for men and women seperately? Can I say that this is the age and sex adjusted prevalence of lungcancer of smokers and non-smokers? Thanks for the clarification.

Raoul

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/