Re: st: Confidence intervals in time series

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Confidence intervals in time series
Date   Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:50:26 -0500

Ed,
  To obtain forecast intervals with ARIMA, you can
do the following in Stata.

  Type: predict forecast
  then: predict fvar, mse
  Then: generate upper=forecast + 1.96*sqrt(fvar)
        generate lower=forecast - 1.96*sqrt(fvar)
  Then: tsline y forecast upper lower, title(My Forecast Profile)

- Regards,
     Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor