Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Quantile regression under random censoring

From   Marcello Pagano <>
Subject   st: Quantile regression under random censoring
Date   Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:28:49 -0500

For Jeanne:

I am looking for Stata code that will run quantile regression under random censoring. (clad for fixed censoring won't work for my problem.) I have been unable to find Stata-based code through the usual sources, or via authors of articles on the topic (and I am not a programmer).

I have a large dataset with a time to event variable, observed range of 0 to 730 days, with administratively censored times varying from 365 to 730 days (approx 10% of the data is censored). I am looking at the effect of a binary treatment on duration, and would like to use -qreg- or some version of quantile regression if I can find a Stata user ado file that can handle this type of censoring.

Thanks for any help.

* For searches and help try: