Re: st: omitting ticks on -twoway- with -by()-

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: omitting ticks on -twoway- with -by()-
Date   Fri, 20 Jan 2006 03:29:44 -0000 (GMT)

Nick,

Hiya, hope you're well.

I have a brief query about your -mypkg- that I wanted to put to you
privately: it's just a minor thing, but it's something I should have asked
you months ago.

It's a very neat routine, but I've noticed that it hasn't picked up
certain user-written routines (UWRs) I've downloaded on my Stata, such as
Gary King's -clarify-, which I think was the very first UWR I downloaded.
However, -mypkg- doesn't pick this up. Nor, incidentally, does
-adoupdate-. (-clarify- itself isn't the issue here: I know there isn't a
new version of it and, indeed, never will be.)

Well, you might say, -clarify- is not an SSC-downloadable UWR, and that
might be why. You might be right, but then nor is, for example, Jack
Buckley's -mlbeta-, and yet both -mypkg- and -adoupdate- _do_ pick this
up. Typing

. mypkg, all

returns the same list, as I gather it would, anyway. So the question is,
what can be done about this burning issue? :) Ta.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.