st: Overlaid Line Graph

From   "ALICE DOBSON" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Overlaid Line Graph
Date   Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:31:07 -0500

Hi all,
I have a cross-sectional data of around 1350 firms in an industry over a period of 10 years. Each firm occurs in the data only once (when it enters the data and hence the c/snal nature of the data). The c/snal data comprises various firm characteristics. The industry characteristics also change over the period of data. I wanted to draw a simple overlaid graph with time as the X-axis and various industry characteristics such as installed capacity, industry sales, and number of firms.

The problem is that industry characteristics have different units of measurement. Hence, in an overlaid graph the number of firms in each year becomes almost flat.

Is there a way of drawing an overlaid graph by maintaining different Y axes for each line graph?

Best,
Alice

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/