Re: st: Using wildcards with string values of a variable

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Using wildcards with string values of a variable
Date   Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:16:24 -0600

See this function from Stata help

strmatch(s1,s2) evaluates to 1 if s1 matches the pattern s2; otherwise, it returns 0.