st: RE: RE: estout help - keeping equations and coefficients

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: estout help - keeping equations and coefficients
Date   Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:25:56 +0100

Erin wrote:
> I had label values on my dependent variable, so the
> equation names ended up as text strings like
> `"wk ft & pub HI"' `"wk ft & unins"'.  Once I dropped
> the value labels, I had equation names like 2 and 3
>  and the -keep(eq1:var eq2:var ...)- syntax worked fine.

Erin found another problem with the -keep()- option of
-estimates table-: It cannot be used with equation names
containing spaces. (As far as I know, -mlogit- is the
only estimation command that may produce such equation
names.)

In -estout-, Erin can bring the mlogit labels back in by
adding something like -eqlabels("wk ft & pub HI" ...)-
to her -estout- command.

Furthermore, there should be no problem with the labels
if they do not contain spaces.

ben