st: Stata on Linux (Kanotix distro)

From   "JP Azevedo" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata on Linux (Kanotix distro)
Date   Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:55:23 -0200

Hello,

I'm a newbie in the Linux world.

I've just installed Kanotix 2005-04 in my Toshiba Notebook M55 and
everything is fine, however I'm having trouble installing Stata on it and
I'm having trouble understanding the documentation.

The documentation states that I should the following:

(1) [root@statlinux root]# mkdir /usr/local/stata
(2) [root@statlinux root]# cd /usr/local/stata
(3) [root@statlinux stata]# /mnt/cdrom/install

I've managed to successfully implement steps 1 and 2, however I don't seem
to be able to run the installation script with command line described above.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

JP