st: RE: A new module in SSC archives. Tablemat.

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: A new module in SSC archives. Tablemat.
Date   Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:31:21 -0500

Thanks Nick,
I will make the changes and post it to Pr. Kit Baum.
I thought I changed the version number. I think on my
office computer, not on my personnal laptop.
Best regards.
Amadou.

----------------------------------

 I have two comments.

 1. Your program specifies Stata 8, yet requires -levels-,
 which was added to Stata as an official command on
 16 April 2003. Thus your program will fail for any users
 who have just the minimal requirement you specify, unless
 they also installed -levels- as a user-written command.

 You could save yourself, and Statalist, error reports
 by insisting on Stata 8.2. That is, apart possibly from a few
 people with major firewall issues, anyone with Stata
 8 should be able to -update- to Stata 8.2. Also, anyone with
 Stata 8.2 will have -levels-.

 In Stata 9, -levelsof- is the name used. However,
 -levels- still lurks in the official files, although
 users should not presume that will be the case
 indefinitely.

 2. Your help files mentions "referees" on Statalist.
 It's a detail, but I think an important one, that
 any comments transmitted via Statalist are just
 informal. Nobody "referees" anything else.
 Just in any case anybody misunderstands that,
 please change the wording.