st: Technical Report #1 Version 1.0 Released (... A Look at Stata, SAS and SPSS)

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Technical Report #1 Version 1.0 Released (... A Look at Stata, SAS and SPSS)
Date   Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:06:41 -0800

Greetings
  Last December we announced a draft version of Technical Report Number
1 titled "Strategically using General Purpose Statistics Packages: A
Look at Stata, SAS and SPSS". I received many emails with extremely
helpful feedback and constructive comments. I am very grateful to all
those who wrote and generously took time to share their thoughts. In
light of these comments I have made many revisions and updates to the
report and have posted Version 1.0 of the report which can be found at
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/.
  As always, I continue to welcome feedback on this report to improve it
for future versions (e.g. Version 1.1 and so forth). Also, I am working
on a second technical report "Strategically using Special Purpose
Statistics Packages" that will focus on the strategic use of special
purpose packages (e.g. Stat/Transfer, DBMS/Copy, SUDAAN, WesVar, Mplus,
PASS, Nquery, EQS, LISREL, AMOS, HLM, MLwiN, LatentGOLD, as well as
special purpose functionality found within Stata, SAS and SPSS). I would
welcome suggestions and thoughts as I begin to work on developing this
new report.
  Finally, I am not always able to monitor this list, so if you would
like to share comments with me and with this list, please cc: me
personally by email to be sure I see your email.

Happy reading!

Michael Mitchell
UCLA ATS Statistical Consulting Group
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/