RE: st: Metan command for stratified analysi

From   "Scinicariello, Franco" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Metan command for stratified analysi
Date   Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:00:31 -0500

Thanks to Dominic and Ben for their helpful answer.
I have upgraded the stata 6 with stata 7 and the "by" command works.
Thanks again.
Ciao
Franco

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dominic
Muston
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Metan command for stratified analysi

Franco,

I think you should be able to find a version of metan that works with
"by", as a command option, at least, if not as a prefix. Here's an
abbreviated metan command line that I used recently.

metan diffmean diffse, by(meno) random nooverall label(namevar=author)
sortby(author)

This did two meta-analyses of a continuous effect "diffmean" given its
standard error "diffse", stratified by "meno".

Unfortunately it was on a different computer to the one I'm using now,
so I can't tell you which version of metan it was or where I got the ADO
file from! Sorry not to be any more help. Hope you manage to track down
a version of metan that helps you.

Dominic Muston
Cancer Screening Evaluation Unit
Institute of Cancer Research