Re: st: Controls for Lowess smoothing

From   austin nichols <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Controls for Lowess smoothing
Date   Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:42:10 -0500

Sorry to mislead you--only one x var is allowed by -locpoly-, and
-kernreg-, too.  In principle, there is nothing to stop you building
your own kernel regression command that will do any kind of regression
model at each point (i.e. putting more variables on the RHS).  But I'm
surprised -locpoly- can't handle it--perhaps one of its authors will
explain--maybe the C code in the plugin is not conducive to additional
x vars?  You can write your own .ado file, but it will much much
slower than locpoly could have been...