RE: st: meta-analysis and ROC

From   Andrei Malinovschi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: meta-analysis and ROC
Date   Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:13:21 -0800 (PST)

Hello and thanks to everybody involved in the
discussion around meta-analysis of ROC areas.

Thank you Tom for putting me on the right track and
explaining what is an SROC and you were of course
right, that was different from what I wanted to do.
Thanks also for the tips regarding using the same
cut-off point and comparing sensitivity and
specificity across studies (however this is not
possible in my material).

Thank you Thomas for offering to share the program you
have developed. I will contact you in a private
e-mail.

I managed to meta-analyse ROC curves in the end in an
easy way. I used the roctab command in order to obtain
the auc (from r(area)) and se for auc (from r(se)) for
each center and then I run meta command using auc and
se of auc. Is my approach correct?

Thank you also Roger for suggesting using the
-somersd-,-parmest- and -metaparm- packages. I suppose
that you meant an approach as the one recommended in
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2002-12/msg00001.html
where you pointed as potential advantage the fact that
it is possible to calculate CI for the difference
between 2 ROC curves (compared to -roccomp-). More
comments or other advantages to have in mind?

With best regards,
Andrei

=== message truncated ===