st: A query on sureg

From   Badri Narayanan Gopalakrishnan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: A query on sureg
Date   Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:55:44 +0530

Hello,
I'm trying to estimate Almost Ideal Demand Systems using sureg. For
this I impose a few constraints to be in consistent with the theory.
Despite all my efforts to ensure that there is no redundancy, stata
shows: redundant or inconsistent constraints! If it's just redundant,
I can re-check the constraints and eliminate it. But I've already done
that. So, is this because my dataset does'nt probably obey these
constraints, making them inconsistent? In this case, how can I proceed
further? Is there any other way of tackling this problem, by testing
for consistency and redundancy of constraints?

Badri Narayanan G.,