RE: st: meta-analysis and ROC

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: meta-analysis and ROC
Date   Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:54:28 -0500

Two or three years ago, I started into an SROC Stata program following the method of Littenberg and Moses.  My code was based, in
part, on some Stata code written by Ben Littenberg but never published.  The code performs a meta-analysis of AUC's as well as some
diagnostic tests.

Ben and I started an exchange on the functionality of the code but other tasks interfered and I had completed the specific work I
needed to do, so I never returned to the SROC program.  I seem to recall that Ben no longer believed that computations on Q* should
be done and he preferred to use the AUC from 0 to the max observed value rather than from 0 to 1 (as my code does).

Regardless, you a welcome to a copy of the code "as is".  Drop me a note at [email protected] and I'll attach the ado, hlp and dlg to
a reply message.

Further, if anyone wants to develop this code further, I'd be happy to turn it over to you!

Tom

Thomas J. Steichen
  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential, protected by the
attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or proprietary non-
public information. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from
your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
message and/or any of its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients
is not authorized and may be unlawful.