st: RE: Changing Variable Name

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Changing Variable Name
Date   Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:07:45 -0000

Your method resembles a trip from
College Station to Bryan via Timbuktu.
Like a recent posting on saving some
variables, it also has many other
disadvantages apart from being round-about.

. search rename

shows possibilities that remain within Stata.

The most basic Stata alternative is -rename-.

A user-written alternative is -renvars-.

Many other possibilities exist, depending on
how you are renaming.

Also, Stata itself can answer questions
like this!

ALICE DOBSON