st: RE: star graphs

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: star graphs
Date   Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:23:09 -0000

This has been asked several times, including within
the last weeks, so a search of the archives may be fruitful.

Here's my understanding of the situation:

0. Star graphs remain there as always under -gr7, star-.

1. Star graphs are programmable in Stata 8/9, but
no one has done it yet.

2. Scott Merryman has posted code with
a radar/spider example that at least one other
person found very useful as a template. This is for, as it were,
superimposed stars, rather than a little galaxy of stars
side-by-side.

3. One Stata user-programmer who has written various
graphics commands, myself, feels that stars are
for the astronomers and recommends instead parallel coordinate
plots, implemented in -parplot-.

Jennifer Devine