Re: st: RE: program to match data

From   "Kevin Amess" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: program to match data
Date   Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:05:55 +0000

Alvine,

you might have specific reasons for matching, but if not, why not select a stratified random control sample? You define the stratification criteria and then use -sample- or the user written programme -sample2- (incidentally it would be nice if a count option was added to -sample2-).

Alternatively, it might be worth considering propensity score matching. You can find a user written programme by typing -findit pscore-

Regards,
Kevin

>>> [email protected] 12/02/05 9:44 am >>>
Dear Marten,

merge is not enough ..I need a program which choose
the best control for each case

Alvine