st: Technical Reports - Strategically using General Purpose Statistics Packages: A Look at Stata, SAS and SPSS

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Technical Reports - Strategically using General Purpose Statistics Packages: A Look at Stata, SAS and SPSS
Date   Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:44:23 -0800

Greetings
  The UCLA ATS Statistical Consulting Group has created a new section on
our web site for technical reports, see
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/. These reports, posted as
.pdf files, will cover a variety of topics in statistical computing.
Since these reports are .pdf files, they can be kept up to date as
issues change and evolve.
  The first report in this series has been posted. It is titled
"Strategically using General Purpose Statistics Packages: A Look at
Stata, SAS and SPSS". I welcome comments and suggestions on this draft
version of this report. Further, if people wish to submit their own
public comments to this or future reports, we most certainly welcome
such public comments, see
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/submitting_comments.htm .

Happy reading!

Michael Mitchell