st: SAS/Stata data transfer programs are "dressed to the 9's!"

From   Dan Blanchette <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: SAS/Stata data transfer programs are "dressed to the 9's!"
Date   Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:30:22 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to Kit Baum the SAS/Stata data transfer tools:
 -savasas- (save your Stata dataset as a SAS dataset)
 -usesas- (use a SAS dataset just like you use a Stata dataset)
 the SAS macro savastata (save your SAS dataset as a Stata dataset)
 and the c-shell script savas (makes Stata copies of SAS files and vice versa)
have been updated so that they take advantage of all the
improvements seen in Stata 9 and SAS 9.  They also take
into account transfers from version 9 to version 8 and vice versa.

I've also made improvements to help these programs figure out where your
SAS and Stata executable files are located in hopes that "it just works
right out of the box!"

These programs have been in use for a few months now by several users
so they should be in good shape.

To install or update it is as easy as:
. ssc install savasas, replace
. ssc install usesas, replace

If you have any problems with them, please let me know about it.

Best,

Dan Blanchette

ITS Research Computing Group
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill