st: switching regression

From   <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: switching regression
Date   Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:21:49 +0800

Hello again:
I wrote a letter to you guys last week,
however I haven't gotten any feedback yet,
so I wonder that you might not receive my mail.
Anyway, I think I'd better write a letter to you again.
I'd like to run switching regressions , but I don't know how.
I know the command "switchr", but I can't understand the illstration.
Can you just give me a simple example?
For example, my dependent variable is y, and my independent variables are
b, c, and d.
Beside, I have 2 variables e,f to be criteria to separate my regression y=
a0+a1b+a2c+a3d into 4 segments
first, I'd like to know how I can get the criteria e* and f* which maximize
the regression's likelihood.
then, how can I compare these segments?
I really need your help, and I hope you can give me any response as soon as
possible
thanks for any feedback
Angel