RE: st: calculating stratum-specific likelihood ratios

From   "Moran, John (NWAHS)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: calculating stratum-specific likelihood ratios
Date   Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:37:09 +1030

Perhaps the book by Margaret S Pepe:
" The Statistical Evaluation of Medical Tests for Classification and
Prediction  " (see Chapter 8) (http://www.stata.com/bookstore/pepe.html)

and
the associated software (http://www.fhcrc.org/science/labs/pepe/book/),
especially "lrreg" (Diagnostic Likelihood Ratio regression)  may be of
help here

E-mail: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mark Russo
Sent: Monday, 28 November 2005 3:14 PM
To: Garry Anderson
Subject: Re: st: calculating stratum-specific likelihood ratios

Thanks Garry.

The reference is:

Peirce JC, Cornell RG. Integrating stratum-specific likelihood
ratios with the analysis of ROC curves. Med Decis Making
1993;13:141-51.

My objective is to determine--through ROC curves and LR--a threshold
value among a continuous variable (age) that predicts a dicotomous
variable (increased mortality at 5-yr f/u).  By combining adjacent
strata with statistically indistinct SSLRs (i.e., those with
overlapping 95% confidence intervals), we hope to determine a
threshold value for age.

Mark

--
Mark J. Russo, MD, MS