st: mysterious 601 error

From   Ken Wald <>
Subject   st: mysterious 601 error
Date   Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:32:04 -0500

When I try to access net resources, I receive the 601 error message with the following: could not be opened for read by copytextfile

This is mysterious because I've previously downloaded several user-written programs without any problem. I assumed the problem was in my firewall but (a) it does not even ask me for access to this site, the default option and (b) I have specifically added both and the site's IP address as trusted zones. I do not have an Internet proxy set up and the communication software is working just fine. I've tried this with two different servers but with the same result.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Ken Wald

Kenneth D. Wald
Distinguished Professor of Political Science
University of Florida
POB 117325
Gainesville, FL 32611-7325

office tel: (352) 392-0262 (x 267)