st: RE: "extracting" the p-value from a t-test

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: "extracting" the p-value from a t-test
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:07:15 +0100

Andrei:

The results are saved in r(), type -return list-. I have used the auto dataset, since it is easier to use datasets already available with Stata:

sysuse auto, clear
ttest price, by(foreign)
return list
di r(p)
local p = r(p)
di `p'

If you want to test many hypotheses than it may be worthwhile to look at bonferroni corrections.

HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam