Re: st: Netcourse Certification.

From   ariley@stata.com (Alan Riley)
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Netcourse Certification.
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:10:41 -0600

Amadou (adiallo5@worldbank.org) asked some questions about NetCourses:
> I wonder when StataCorp will start offering certification for its netcourses.
> Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of certification? I keep receiving
> offers from SAS people.

StataCorp does not currently attempt to certify the knowledge gained
or level of Stata proficiency achieved by those who have taken
NetCourses.  However, we do offer certificates of completion upon
request.

> Also, will StataCorp give a netcourse for Mata?

A Mata NetCourse is planned but not yet prepared.  We do not currently
know the timeframe in which it will be available.

Alan
(ariley@stata.com)